Mystic Flavia designs and manufactures fashionable modern bracelets using different materials that are of the best quality globally. However, in order to make them most durable, you need to provide your loving care to keep their shine at the max and the semi-precious stones in place.
Possible explanations why silver oxidizes
Silver becomes black because of hydrogen sulfide (sulfur), a substance that occurs in the air. When silver comes into contact with it, a chemical reaction takes place and a black layer is formed. Silver oxidizes faster in places with a lot of light and high humidity. Also contact with products like cosmetics, hair spray, perfume, deodorant, body lotion, bleach, etc., can speed up the oxidizing process.
Besides that, the natural oils that your skin produces can also react to your silver jewelry. The extent to which the silver reacts with these substances from your skin is highly dependent on the type of food you eat, alcohol consumption and whether you are taking medication. These things influence the acidity of your skin, which can cause a reaction. Also sweat (which ammonia occurs in) raises the acidity of the skin and could tarnish the silver.
That silver jewelry that turns black would be made of a less silver content or even be no silver, is incorrect and a myth. The oxidation of silver jewelry is a sign that it is really silver. Other (noble) metals oxidize differently.
How to clean?
- Use soft cloth to clean up the dust.
- Avoid using ammonia, alcohol or harsh chemicals.
- Do not soak in water, even though it is usually not harmful to stones, it is still is not good for the string which will become loose this way.
These should be stored safely when not adorning your wrist. To ensure your jewelry remains scratch and impact free it should be stored just as you bought it or in zip-lock bags. The worst thing you can do for your semi-precious stones is to toss them into a drawer or into a dish on your dresser.
Keep away from heat and electric appliances.
- Always store them separate.
- Make sure it should be last to put on and first to take off. This will ensure it stays out of range of hairspray, makeup, perfume and other chemicals that might affect the semi-precious stones and metals.Your clothes also won't accidentally hook and pull on any clasps or fittings.
- Its always better to remove your bracelets before doing strenuous activity or messy tasks. So take them out before hitting the gym.
- Avoid tasks like gardening, washing dishes and other household chores.This ensures accidental impacts are kept to a minimum and your bracelets stay chemical free.
- Swimming can actually damage or tarnish natural stones or beads. Besides, shower and baths can also be damaging to your jewelry. Items like makeup, soaps, colognes, and even shampoos should not directly contact your beads or jewelry.
These bracelets are sentimental, eye-catching, and has the power to lift any outfit from blah to the stars. Don't let over-protectiveness of your semi-precious stones keep them from their time in the limelight. With a little care and these tips, you'll ensure their lives for decades to come.
So, put them on and ENJOY !